I designed and printed a large New Year tree toper of Flying Spaghetti Monster emblem. This post is to share the devine noodly goodness (or is it godness) with the world. My 3D printer can print up to 25 cm by 21 cm, so this model is split in three parts to be glued together.
I have been making scrub caps for hospital nurses and doctors, and thought that I’d share my pattern. I’ve refined this pattern from these two Youtube videos: DIY Scrub Cap by Lea Goes Green and Scrub Cap by Larissa Fontenot. I have improved on the two above patterns, to:
- adjust the sizing
- add a little more bulk in the rear to tuck away long hair
- get rid of the tricky to sew area in the back of the cap side
- add two buttons for hooking face mask elastic ear loops
- improve fabric cutting efficiency (by having the tie straps separate from the sides
- allow for optional french seam for a more finished, professional look
This is a quick design that requires no ribbons and consists of only three details. I prefer this single-layer design to double-layer reversible ones because it is lighter, more breathable, and quicker to make. Finally, the design features two buttons on either side to attach the elastics from a face mask.
I have delivered 20 caps to one of the hospitals, and the feedback I got was very positive. The size fits everyone and the button placement was described as just right. The nurses preferred lighter-weight to medium-weight cotton fabric.